Thursday, June 7, 2007

Home Is Where the Biscuit Is

In less than ten days, we're going to have a new family member.


He's got a beautiful, short black mane with sleek orange and white highlights, a pair of loving eyes, perky ears, a smile to die for, and he walks on four slim legs models on the cat-walk would envy.

Weeks of regular visits to the shelter, building rapport and increasing his confidence, have paid off. Mario and I became more and more attached.

His pictures are all over my room next to the photos of Louie, Doggy Black, Whitie (my dog who died a year ago), my goldfish, and my frisky little hamsters. More pictures of Mario could also be found on my desktop and among my files is a whole folder filled with collected photos of him that I've managed to dig up from the blogs of other volunteers (sorry guys...XD), except for that photo with Heart Evangelista. Ms. Karizma told me she'll send the photo via email one of these days. (Really looking forward to it! Anything with Mario in it would send me to blissful oblivion!) Presently, I'm doing the necessary preparations for his arrival. :)

A shy Mario with PARC's veterinarian, Dra. Ami :)




I would like to thank my hunny for making it all possible. I'm so excited! Imagine in a few days I could finally bring Mario home! I don't have to wait until October after all. Hohoho!

(Can't wait, darn it! ) Above is a picture of Mario and I together!

I guess you could say we're seeing stars. ;)


This will sound crazy, but oh to heck with it. While strolling around in a mall, I'd usually be found be gazing at the racks of lovely clothes and fascinating books thinking to myself, "Oh wow! I've GOT to have that!" and then the next thing I know I'm already admiring a pack of delicious-looking dog biscuits wondering if Doggy and Mario would like those.

The funny thing is I couldn't even remember how I got there!

Right after gaining the sensibility to retrace my footsteps, I'd then be distracted again and dash over to the accessories portion of the petshop --- walking back and forth as if in a sugar rush ---- to appreciate the matching collars and leashes. I'd examine one of the more gorgeous collars and imagine Mario wearing it.

I'd think out loud, Oh my god! This color matches Mario's coat! Hmmm...oh! That one looks good too! Aieeeeeeeee! Eeeeeeeeeeek! Aaaaaaaaaaah! Sheeeeeeeet!

If it weren't for my better self, particularly the more logical part of my brain, I would have gone broke in a split second. "Mario would be happy with whatever you give him, you idiot" I'd hear it sigh.

But it's sooo cuuute! I'd come to my defense. "Moron! It's being with you that counts!" it would point out. My own brain would outsmart me.

I would deliberate with myself until Louie has finished playing the Drummania and he would carefully lure me out of the store, laughing at me as if I've just committed the world's most humiliating blooper.

"Baby naman! You can buy those next time! You've just bought new stuff recently, remember?" he'd chuckle, playfully flicking a finger at my forehead.

That's the only time I'd remember I've indeed bought things for Mario he hasn't even used yet. "But...but...just a few biscuits, pretty please??"

He'd laugh and drag me out of the shop --- after buying the biscuits, that is. Conversations with myself have become more frequent as the time of adoption draws near.

I've already signed the adoption papers.

Now I have all the right to be possessive.

*insert death glare here*

Calm down, Laiah. Calm down.

.......

HOLY HOTDOG!

I'M SO HAPPPYYYYYYY!



Anyway, the pictures below is taken in the main garden which my grandmother maintains. She's got a green thumb in the same way I've got a way with hamsters. We also have a garden outside the gate, a small garden-like lane full of plants and flowers at the front of the house, our very own pet cemetery which I'd like to call the mortal gateway to the Rainbow Bridge, and of course, a grassy area where we place the lines for our laundry. (The dogs love to sniff around that area for reasons I know not of.) I wasn't able to take a picture of the rest of the garden because I ran out of battery. Hahahaha.

Anyway, this is the main garden where Doggy and I usually play, and where Mario will eventually join us. It's also their training area. I love hanging out here to feed & watch the wild birds, sky gaze, and stargaze. You see those pots containing the plants with pink flowers? To its left is the smaller garden lounge where I stay. Whitie used to stay in that area while Doggy would run around barking and chasing the cats passing by our garden. (The cats would resort to jumping on top of the high fence. XD) ^_^


This is half of the main garden lounge, or should I say the outdoor living room. There's another table and set of chairs on the other half, where my grandma and mom would conduct their Bible Study sessions with neighbors. This is also where my Lola would conduct a ballroom dancing session with her friends, one of her hobbies, and she'd usually hire a dancing instructor or two to teach us how to dance.

I wasn't able to take a picture of the side where the mirrors are, where one whole area of the wall is covered with mirrors. The small aquarium and a book tracing our family roots could also be found here.

You see the bushy part behind the white bars, to the right of the pathway? That's Doggy's doghouse, personally decorated by my grandma with some of her plants to help cool her little home from the hot weather. This is where Doggy learned the "sit" and "stay" commands. That big wooden sofa you see is where I stay, and Doggy would usually hide underneath it if it's raining, or if she's trying to get away from the squeaker toy I bought her. -_-; (We're trying to learn the "fetch" command now.)

This is the poop area. Need I say more?

For those interested in adopting, please consider adopting cats and kittens! They urgently need your love since most people who come to the shelter are looking for dogs. :(

Here are a few pictures of the cattery I took when I was in PARC.




1 comment:

siyerwin said...

wow, mario's new home! thanks, celine for giving him that chance at a better life. i know a lot of people's hearts are brimming with joy for mario. he's the longest staying dog at PARC right now and... well... please know that you saved that wonderful dog's life in more ways than one...

i will try to dig up more of mario's photos and send them to you.