Saturday, June 2, 2007

Shopping With Love


Bah! What a corny title. (Someone eat my calloused feet now.)

On the bright side, it only goes to show how indescribable this day was. It was exciting yet also simple enough to be called a normal day. The best way I could put it was the unbelievable connection I've rekindled with someone who's important to me, saying goodbye to those summer days when we barely had any conversation; perhaps it's for the best, because in the end I'll never really know what awaits us sometime in the future. The only future depends on what we do now, and that includes purchasing stuff destined for our wardrobe. Correct people. The best way to spend these precious moments together is to go shopping! (Yeah, baby!)


We spent the whole day seeking good finds in Trinoma, a new mall owned by the Ayala groups beside SM North Edsa. The activity center looked like a replica of Glorietta, with a bit of Shangri-la from the way the escalators were placed, and approximately as big as Robinson's Galleria. Some shops were still closed, but the best thing about visiting a relatively new mall is the absence of overpopulation.



We roamed around and checked out the shops that were vying for the attention of potential customers. Louie-pyon spotted a TimeZone Amusement Center at the top floor, naturally we gravitated towards it.


We rode the escalator and to our surprise, there was some kind of ruckus going on. Funny how these things usually happen when we're around.



After briefly glancing at each other, Louie-pyon and I realized there was a pile of boxes and a pushcart blocking the exit of the escalator! A child being carried by his father was crying at the side, and a woman was lying on her butt among the boxes. Take note that the woman wasn't hurt in any way, and was lying a distance away from the boxes making herself a hindrance to what would have been a perfect landing for me. She wasn't hurt, and only seemed to be frozen in place because she was panicking.

Prompt and alert in my high-heeled shoes, I leapt over the lowest portion of the heap and landed carefully on small space beside the woman's legs. "Please move." I told her politely. I was so busy concentrating on where I could safely land that I didn't notice how Louie managed to get out himself.

Everybody turned to watch the rumble as shoppers one by one panicked at the sight of the boxes. The woman tried to back away from the heap and finally ceased screeching like she was being murdered in public, and the security rushed over to help clear the boxes. I noticed the security guard and the janitors pushing the carts looked nervous. (I assumed they were afraid to be reprimanded.)



Everybody turned around to look until a small crowd gathered around the area of disaster. They just stood there and watched. Louie-pyon looked at me, knowing what I was thinking. Without wasting another second, I asked him to hold my bag which he received without question.


"Help me out, hun. I'll help put away the boxes." I said, springing into action and helping the janitors carry the heavy boxes out of the way to prevent any more accidents. I think Louie-pyon placed some of the boxes we moved aside to a safer distance.



The woman who had her butt on the floor a while ago now had her tongue lashing out at the security guard. "Stop the escalator dammit!" she screamed, not realizing the security guard was also busy trying to clear the blockage. Give me a break. I thought, assuming she was too hysterical to think clearly. I found it careless of her to stand around trying to look for the switch, looking at all the wrong places. I can't blame her though, you know how people go in a frenzy when they're too overwhelmed with emotions.


"He can't stop the escalator, miss." I hissed, voice as low and stern as possible. I picked up the guard's white batuta (miniature baseball bat-like thingee) and handed it over to him. For a second there, I imagined shoving it inside her blubbering mouth but I restrained myself. "The boxes are blocking the switch, can't you see?"



When we finally placed the boxes away from the escalator, the father began shouting angrily at the security guard. "Sige po! Tuloy na po kami! (We're going ahead, sir!)" I told the guard and the janitors. I went back to Louie-pyon and we slowly left the scene. People stopped and stared, seemingly contented where they are. I reached for Louie-pyon's hand and blurted out, "God hun, I don't like staring without doing anything. I can't just stand around doing nothing," snorting loud enough so bystanders would be able to hear. "As if the situation will get any better if people just stand around."


Those people could call me anything they please, insult me or whatever, why should I care about what they'll say anyway? They didn't care about the situation, so there's no point caring about what they say. Bato bato sa langit, tamaan wag magagalit. It doesn't change the fact that they didn't get their asses moving. I guess their asses are only good in bed and defecating on the toilet.


Louie-pyon frowned and shook his head. "Let's get out of here. I don't like hanging around fuckers." "You betcha."

Then we proceeded to TimeZone, where I outscored and kicked the ass of a group of men way taller than me in the basketball game. I also won all arounds in the Quiz Game (although I wasn't able to win the jackpot, bummer).


Afterwards, we splurged on food, shopped and purchased the following:

1) Chuk Palahniuk's A Diary in Powerbooks (YEEEEES! FINAAALLY!!!)
2) Brush (Broadway Gems)
3) Headband (Broadway Gems)
4) Penshoppe Raspberry Perfume (courtesy of Penshoppe)
5) Eyeshadow Set (courtesy of Penshoppe)
6) New Shirt for Louie-pyon (courtesy of Penshoppe)

....and this absolutely drop-dead gorgeous shirt....




(MY DOG IS CUTER THAN YOUR FACE)


Louie-pyon was the one who picked it out for me. He said, "I know you love shirts with witty remarks written on them." He's right! It's so me! Hahaha! XD

Memories will be memories, but nothing can beat reminiscing the feeling of being together on a normal summer day. ^_^

No comments: