Saturday, June 30, 2007

Unpleasant Birthday Turned Superb!

Both the worst and best moments in my life usually happen during my birthday. To think here I thought today's going to be a bad day.


Now, I couldn't ask for anything more desirable.


Thank you Louie-pyon, everyone, for making my birthday today really special! Thank you, thank you, thank you, I love you!


My morning was alloted to my animal friends, of course. I celebrated my birthday with Mario and Doggy celebrated by giving them bits of puto. They looked like they were enjoying it. I didn't even realize that I fell asleep on the wooden sofa. When I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing, Mario and Doggy were sprawled on the floor taking a snooze. Their ears perked with the slightest movement, their eyes moved across the lounge watching what I'll do next.


Louie and Istrolled in SM North Edsa. First stop was Fully Booked! Purchased some amazing finds in Fully Booked, particularly to avail the 40% annual discount exclusively for members.


I'm so happy and contented with the new books!


The budget allowed me to buy at most 15 fictional books but after giving it some thought, I decided to use the discount on the more expensive ones, specifically those that cost over a thousand pesos, that I've been eyeing on for a long time now. What can I say? Reading is my passion.


I could easily afford the usual P359.00 books (with 10% discount) on a weekly basis, but it'll take me a while to buy the others.


Fully Booked


Here are the individual pictures of the new additions to my book collection:


1) An Inconvenient Truth By Al Gore


An Inconvenient Truth


Costs P1198.00 at Companion to the Academy Award Winning - Best Documentary Feature. I loved the documentary! It's knowledgeable and helps me distinguish the people overshadowed by knowledge from people overshadowed by their absurd self-proclaimed intelligence. Here's a segment of what's written on the back cover:


Our climate crisis may at times appear to be happening slowly, but in fact it is happening very quickly --- and has become a true planetary emergency.


2) Getting Started in Forensic Psychology Practice By Eric G. Mart


Forensic Psychology


How to Create a Forensic Specialty in Your Mental Health Practice. It costs P1,498.00, and I think it's worth it. This comprehensive resource includes information on: the difference between clinical and forensic practice, advantanges and disadvantages of forensic practice, preparing and planning for forensic practice, how to market, what lawyers look for in foresnic psychologists as exprety witnesses, performing evaluations, and testifying in court and depositions.


3) Stardust By Neil Gaiman


Stardust


What happens when you make a promise to bring back a fallen star? I love Neil Gaiman's works, alongside David Sedaris, Mitch Albom, Chuk Palahniuk, and other talented authors.


I still lack DS's Barrel Fever and Naked. Plus the only book I lack made by Mitch Albom is The Five People I Meet In Heaven. I've read all three, but I want my own copy.


Carrying the fruits of my birthday, Louie-pyon and I proceeded to the main building. On our way there, he saw an acquaintance who we haven't seen in a long time, T'Wolf. Beside him was a familiar looking girl. I lingered. T'Wolf's girl companion and I locked gazes and I suddenly recognized her! It was Da, or Agnus Dei as she likes to be called, a friend from school! WHAT A SMALL WORLD! We screeched and hugged each other, and went our separate ways.


While Louie played his favorite arcade game, I killed time by shopping in Under The Sea. I bought hamster food from Delikate and a few grooming materials for the dogs.



I rarely wear make-up these days. Too much application could ruin the skin. Recently, I've been bathing my face with fresh milk as advised by my former gay supervisor in my practicum. so I used this, as recommended by the dermatologist:


Dermatox


It's a moisturizer and foundation in one, and it's fabulous!


Louie requested to take off the belt I purchased at YRYS in Trinoma a week ago. He said he couldn't wrap his arms around my waist properly because of it. Awww. usually, I prefer sticking to my fashion taste but I made an exception today.


Belt


We stopped by some shops and toured the main shopping area, and then we ate lunch at Kimono Ken, one of my favorite Japanese restaurants. It's not the first time we dined in Kimono Ken, it has become one ofour favorites. I don't know about everyone else's taste buds, but mine prefers this restaurant for everyday Japanese cuisine. Louie knows I don't like food hopping, or trying different dishes, unless I'm familiar with the recipe.


We also watched Transformers at Cinema 1!


Transformers! Optimus Prime VS Megatron


It was awesome!!! I was literally jumping off my seat whenever an Autobot, and especially a Decepticon, makes an appearance. As all my friend know, I'm so into the 1980 cartoons. Those were the films I grew up with --- the stories partly responsible for giving me my wild imagination --- and they bring back good memories.


I remember when I was a little girl, my favorite Autobot was Optimus Prime (because he's level-headed, wise, and cool) and my favorite Decepticon was Megatron (because he's intelligent and is a great leader).


MEGATRON ROCKS! I like him better in the 1980s cartoon where he transforms into this gigantic gun, but oh well, I really don't mind what they did. I usually leaned towards the side of the Decepticons, and like everybody else in my class, I had a kiddie crush on Optimus Prime. But I remember telling my friends I wanted to be just like Megatron. "I'll tell Optimus Prime I love him, and will continue to love him even after I end his life!" That childhood memory never fails to crack me up. My preferences were quite...different...compared to other little girls my age. For example, in Jem and the Holograms (1980s equivalent of Totally Spies), my favorite were The Misfits (you could tell from the name they're the supposed villains).


I like the Decepticons because their battle tactics were more effective than the Autobots...plus their designs are way cooler. The only thing I dislike is Megatron's bad habit of retreating too early when he senses the Autobots were gaining advantage on their little dispute. Hehehehe.



There are some unforgettable moments in the movie. I could name ten favorites (the tenth one being my ultimate favorite part of the movie): 1) when the autobots arrived and everyone went into a frenzy; 2) when the decepticons assembled; 3) when the autobots parked in Sam's backyard (that was really funny); 4) when the autobots tried to hide from being seen by Sam's parents; 5) when Megatron tore an Autobot apart; 6) when megatron and Optimus Prime faced each other with Optimus saying, "It's just you and me, Megatron." and Megatron answered, "No, it's just ME!"; 7) when Megatron kicked a human sounding disgusted (hahaha); 8) when Megatron told Sam while he was about to fall of the ledge and bribed Sam if he gave him the cube, he'll make sam his pet (that was rich); 9) when Megatron reprimanded Starscream; and of course...10) when the anorexic socialite whined in the middle of chaos, "That jerk just stepped on my car!" and as it turned out....her car was a DECEPTICON, transforming right there, clawing into her face with all its fantastic advanced technology, ending her life, and contributing to world peace. (I clapped with joy in this part. I know, I could be morbid.)


Afterwards, Louie-pyon and I strolled some more and engaged in a wonderful conversation before parting ways. So here I am, typing this all up. Now, I'm going home. I'm beginning to love my birthday.


No comments: