Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Luna's Secret Parchment # 2

I frequently visit a new store selling school supplies in our village. More than being accessible, they sell numerous interesting items any office buff or any student looking for cute school products would love.
Take for example this dolphin eraser:


Looks like I'm off to another world this week - with the acquisition of two new books and an unread book I purchased months ago from my jewelry profits - all next in line on my reading list this week. Special thank you to Louie-pyon for being sweet and generous, and buying the remarkable horror novel Haunted written by Chuk Palahniuk (one of my favorite authors) for me. You're the best! *hugsandkisses* I wab jooooo!


I just can't get enough of books, can I? It's like my mind is starving, craving for more books to read and travel to a place beyond the borders of reality on this earth. I love the experience of sharing someone's imagination. Maybe this is why I couldn't get myself to resist gravitating towards a bookstore.


Haunted (Chuk Palahniuk) - P405.00 at National Bookstore


Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger) - P175.00 at National Bookstore


Teacher Man (Frank McCourt) - P359.00 at Fully Booked

I'm almost done with my annual book inventory. My books are finally in order. Until I've completed all the books written by my fave authors, the quantity of books in my collection will remain private. What's important is how much I've internalized the contents of these books.

(Clue: Total consists of a 3-digit number. Once you count all the books I've read in the past, the books I have given away, the books borrowed from me in high school and were never returned, and the books my grandpa left, it becomes a 4-digit number.)

1 comment:

siyerwin said...

Wow, that's a lot of books, Celine! are you putting up a library any time soon? lemme know when you start handing out borrowers' cards, ok? Happen to have Middlesex by J. Eugenides? hehe

Merry christmas to you, Mario, Doggy and your hamsters!!! ;)