Monday, July 16, 2007

P&G's IAMS: Not What It Appears To Be






Although I eat meat (particularly chicken, cattle, and pig....I hate other kinds of meat so it's pretty easy for me to live on a 70% vegetable diet) and I personally don't like the radical people bent on changing my lifestyle without my permission, I have to admire a certain organization's efforts to reach out to these animals.




I was a frequent buyer of IAMS Milk Biscuits, the product stores usually sell for P50-P70, but even before I learned about the animal cruelty, which you could see here...I've been planning to change my dog's biscuit treats brand from IAMS to Hill's Science Diet Adult Biscuits.




So yeah, that means I'm joining the boycott, as a personal choice..




You could watch the video here.




I'm also planning to stop feeding Mario and Doggy the ALPO Gravy cuts, because it looks too unhealthy - nottomentiontheircompany'shasabiasagainstnativedogs - so I'm presently changing to Hill's Science Diet for Adults Beef Entree (for wet food) and Solid Gold (for dry food) or Hill's Science Diet for Adults (also for dry food). I buy a measly 1-1.5 kilo of kibbles per month (one for Doggy and one for Mario - so that makes 2 kilos...) because their diet's comprised of mostly home cooked food. Recently I've been adding RAW meat with their toppings, and the duo loves the recipe (especially Mario, you should watch him chow down his food).


No comments: