Sunday, May 13, 2007

Old Post: A Lot Has Happened!

----------------------------------------------------------
Another old "reflection" post back in June 2007, 3 days before my birthday.
----------------------------------------------------------

June 27th, 2006
Posted by lunastark at 10:35 pm on June 27th, 2006.


I've gained a handful of loyal friends this year.

I am very proud of Max, she managed to be the top two dean's lister in her batch. She was also proud of what I've gained through my research works. I guess we boost each other's egos when there's a need for it. What I like about her is she's honest with me. If she's got a problem with me, she tells me ASAP. I do the same with her. We accept and work it out. This brought us closer together, tightly knit! We don't have to be together all the time to maintain this special friendship, we just give time for each other when we're free. No hard feelings there.

Also, this vacation, I became intimate with Chepot. She's a good friend and I'm impressed with how strong she is...Love yah girl! Hang out naman tayo minsan!

I also became close with my thesis groupmates. Especially Meann and Julie. Last Monday, Julie and I ate in the fast food area in Gateway for dinner. We talked about a lot of stuff, her life, my life...our thoughts and opinions. It was wonderful. Then she mentioned a certain name from the BS Psychology which brought back bad memories.

There was this girl who's really bossy and narrow-minded. She was dropped by her thesis groupmates after an argument about her personality. Hindi marunong makisama. Other irregulars had the same problem with her.

Unfortunately, a few semesters ago, I had the same problem with that girl. Julie became curious and I told her what happened. That girl started backstabbing me and when I called her via cellphone to ask about the paper we're working on, she picked up the phone and didn't bother to answer. I could hear her giggling in the background.

Afer that incident, I've had it. I decided to confront her whether she liked it or not.

Julie exclaimed: "Naku, mataray pa naman yun!"

I laughed and told Julie, "Wait you have to hear the rest of the story."

I told Julie this: I waited for that girl to come out of the classroom. I walked up towards her, made her face me, looked at her straight in the eye and said in a firm and serious voice.

"Hey, ano bang problema mo ha? Alam kong may sama ng loob ka sa kin, kung ano man yon, sabihin mo sa kin ng diretso. Wag ka na paligoy ligoy, pinapalala mo lang sitwasyon. Paano tayo magtatatrabaho ng mabuti kung hindi mo ko diretsuhin?"

Then I added, "Ako didiretsuhin kita. Hindi ko usto pagbabastos mo sa kin. Kung gusto mo ituloy, bahala ka. Wala na akong magagawa dyan. Pero alamin mo naman paano ihiwalay yan sa trabaho."

She was stumped. I got her cornered. Even her friends were wide-eyed. I have no idea how I looked at her but I stood my ground. She tried picking a fight with me, arguing about how I'm like this and that, but I answered her in a civil way. I knew my mistakes and every time she pointed it out, I admitted they were mistakes. She looked disoriented after she tried arguing with me, haha. I was calm all throughout. One of her friends was even nodding when I told that girl, "Ang importante ngayon ay matapos natin to. Please naman, ano man ang sama ng loob mo sa kin o sama ng loob ko sa yo, itabi na muna yan. Yung sinasabi mo walang kinalaman sa usapan natin ngayon eh."

I really don't mind what kind of reputation I've gained and if that girl thinks I'm a bitch (coz I don't think she is at present --- I think she's just insecure). Thinking someone's a bitch is just useless and I admit, I think of that too and it doesn't help alleviate a situation...for some reason, the rest of her classmates became more respectful towards me.

Julie told me I was probably the first one who confronted that girl in a really direct way. I told Julie I'm not proud of it. It's one of my downsides, and stregths as well. I want to be respected so what I did was also to help put some peace with my own feelings towards the situation.

To be frank, if that girl tried to make peace with me, I would gladly accept. Maybe my perspective would change. I know she's kind one way or another, she wouldn't have friends if she wasn't. ^_^;

Julie gave me a thumbs-up sign in the end and told me I knew a lot. I replied that I don't know more than she does, in general. She laughed and said kakaiba raw ako in a good way. Sabi ko sa kanya "Woot! Sabihin mo weird lang ako."

I've still got a lot to learn and know---it will continue until I die. ^-^

No comments: